Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Seeing is Believing

So last night I tested the waters with the Fit Plus run program. About 10 years ago I had lost 40 pounds in 6 months by running 1.5 miles three times a week and then the other two times a week I did kick boxing or some other aerobic exercise. However 10 years ago I was not in the Chicago land area and could go out and run most of the year and the aerobic exercise was done with a my nice TV and VHS player.  Wow, I can't believe that I feel old just saying that I had, heck - still HAVE, VHS tapes and players.  Anyway, I digress. 

I selected the 10 minute free style run with my little cheering crowd shouting words of encouragement and squeals of delight as I went on.  First, I must say that I think I ran better than my Wii character moved.  Sometimes I swear I was running my feet out and my Wii gal barely moved on the TV run path.  In the end I had run a tad over 2 miles in 10 minutes! 

I felt so good about this fact that I decided to work out today.  Before doing so I decided to look back over the past week.  Every day I work out the Wii system measures my BMI and Weight and there is a graph that tracks it each time.  So I went back to my baseline.  I lost 2.7 pounds since January 2nd! And that is pretty much just using Wii Fit Plus.  I have not changed my eating habits....which I will though.....soon.....I think.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment